Here we will know how to register for Indian Bank SMS banking and will also learn about services offered via SMS banking. Indian Bank has many platforms to provide banking services like net banking on PC’s, mobile banking through apps on smartphones. But these require Internet, so to overcome this and to get banking services without internet over featured phones SMS banking is introduced.
Indian Bank SMS banking service first requires registration and then activation of M-PIN or mobile PIN. This PIN is needed for every transaction via SMS. While registering for SMS services in an Indian bank, they provide M-PIN and later activate it. Here are step by step details of the entire process
Indian Bank SMS Banking Registration
Register For SMS Banking in Indian Bank
- Visit any CBS branch of Indian Bank.
- Ask officials for the SMS registration form.
- Fill the form with a mobile number on which you want to get SMS banking (registered with your account).
- Checkmark for an SMS banking option
- Submit the form along with required documents
Activate M-PIN in Indian Bank
- After submitting the form the bank process your request and upon successful verification
- Mail is sent on registered Mail Id with M-PIN
- Inform the bank about PIN-Mailer and they will activate M-PIN in 24- 48 hours
How To Use SMS Banking In Indian Bank
With your featured phone, you can send SMS to 94443-94443 in a defined format and then get information about your bank account. You can check for following bank details
- For Balance Enquiry: BALAVL <Ac no> <MPIN>. Here BALAVL is code to check balance, <Ac no> is your account number and <MPIN> is Mobile pin issued to you
- For Last 3 Transactions: LATRAN <Ac no> <MPIN>. Here LATRAN is code for last transactions
- For Issued Cheque status Enquiry: CHQSTS <chq no> <Ac no> <MPIN>. CHQSTS code for cheque status and <chq no> for cheque number
- For Deposited Cheque Status Enquiry: DCHSTS <chq no> <Ac no> <MPIN>. DCHSTS for Deposited Cheque
- To Change Mobile Banking PIN: CHGPIN <New MPIN> <OMPIN>. Here CHGPIN is code to change pin, <New MPIN> is which you want to set and <OMPIN> is old PIN.
So by using SMS banking you can get details of these account services in Indian Bank. It is not necessary to type <Ac no> in case of default account. For more details, you can visit at IndSMS Banking.